117 Prime is looking for a new Host!
Host – Downtown Memphis
117 Prime is looking for talented and experienced hospitality professionals who strive to provide guests with meaningful experiences. Reporting to the General Manager, Hosts ensure that our guests have an extraordinary dining experience from the moment they arrive until their departure. As the first point of contact for our guests, Hosts represent the excellent service, high standards, and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant. Candidates should have the ability to multitask efficiently and maintain a positive and professional approach with team members and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warmly greet guests with eye contact and a smile, inform them of wait times and seating options in a pleasant manner, and confidently escort them to their table
- Schedule, confirm, cancel, and modify reservations using our reservation system
- Provide direction and resolution to all guest inquiries; Answer and make phone calls per company standards and guidelines
- Maintain a working knowledge or all menus, specials, and menu changes to answer guest questions, make recommendations, and provide the most up-to-date information to guests
- Maintain the appearance of the entryway and host stand, making sure the area is presentable, clean, and organized
- Assist with takeout orders
- Clean, organize, and stock menus at host area
- Create a lasting, positive impression by thanking guests on their way out and holding the door when possible
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ year host experience; experience in a fine dining and/or high-volume restaurant
- Working knowledge of Resy and/or other reservation booking systems, preferred
- Ability to carry on a pleasant conversation with guests without sounding scripted
- Ability to maintain composure under periods of high stress and high volume
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- A passion for quality and respect for team members and guests
- 2+ years of experience in a fine dining and/or high-volume restaurant preferred
- Ability to move, bend, lift, carry, push, and place objects weighing up to 25+ pounds without assistance; Stand or Walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift; Complete tasks that require repetitive motion
- TABC certification, preferred
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com or stop by in-person Tuesday through Thursday after 2pm to set up an interview. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What We Offer
Paid Time Off
Sound like something you’re interested in?
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- References (Optional)