117 Prime is looking for a new Bartender!
Bartender – Downtown Memphis
117 Prime is looking for talented and experienced hospitality professionals who strive to provide guests with meaningful experiences. Ideal candidates will experience bartending in an upscale, fine-dining environment and are personable, creative, passionate, and genuine. Reporting to the Bar Manager, Bartenders will be responsible for meeting training expectations and facilitating guest experiences consistent with 117 Prime’s service standards.
- Create an excellent guest experience by interacting with guests in a personable and professional manner
- Prepare cocktails as ordered and in compliance with company standards
- Stay knowledgeable on all menu items, specials, and menu changes to answer guest questions, make recommendations, and provide the most up-to-date information to guests
- Handle an assigned house bank; Process orders and payments accurately adhering to proper cash and credit card handling policies and procedures
- Responsible for adhering to safety standards and third party liability laws when selling alcohol; must use sound judgment in deciphering intoxication levels of bar guests
- Develop an efficient work pace to deliver composed service with a calm demeanor during periods of high-volume
- Maintain and comply with state sanitation/health regulations
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent working knowledge of different food preparation techniques and cuisines; Excellent working knowledge of wines, cocktails, and other beverages; Eagerness and commitment to learn
- Knowledge of all local health department requirements for safe food handling and sanitation standards; Knowledge of responsible and legal alcoholic beverage service
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- A passion for quality and respect for team members and guests
- 2+ years of experience as a server in a fine dining and/or high-volume restaurant preferred
- Ability to move, bend, lift, carry, push, and place objects weighing up to 25+ pounds without assistance; Stand or Walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift; Complete tasks that require repetitive motion
- Valid TABC certification
To apply, please submit form below, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by in-person Tuesday through Thursday after 2pm to set up an interview. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What We Offer
Paid Time Off
Sound like something you’re interested in?
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- References (Optional)